From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 19:24:14 -0400
>>But, on the down side is I don't want to publically say where I am getting all my swarm and cutout referrals. This year in particular as swarms calls are way down.

Thats a valid concern Don,  I feel the
same way.  I have a great relationship
with the pest company which refers calls
to me.  But there is always the thought
that some other beekeeper will move in
with a sweeter deal and siphon my referrals.

To help prevent this from happening, I have set
up a website where I can list beekeepers
for swarm removal that the public can call.
And that will give myself resources to refer
the several calls I turn down each season
from the exterminators without revealing
my source.

I have just sent off an article for the local
newspapers announcing that the local
chapter of the Feral Bee Project is starting
up a 'Bee Rescue' referral list for beekeepers
to remove swarms.  I've added a web address
and a phone number the public can call
for free swarm removal.  I'm curious
to see what the publicity does.

>>(Yes, I know I should be more gracious sharing swarm calls, but I'm not that nice of a guy, at least with the early primary swarms.)

I feel the same.  I tend to keep the first
early prime swarms for myself.  I also tend to
get more bee removal calls and few swarm
call referrals from the exterminator, which
leads me to believe they are giving swarm
preference to another beekeeper.  But I
have been after the money lately, so that's
fine with me.

I've been getting many calls from google
searches.  My name is in so many web
sources that anyone in my area searching
for bee removal will find a list having my
name on it.

Best Wishes
Joe Waggle