From:
Robert e butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:34:06 -0700
Hi all, been reading about different ways to treat the mites.My partner
has been using
Tea Tree and Wintergreen oils in canola oil applied to ordinary paper
towel rite above the brood and we use blue shop papertowel taped to a
strip of tile put at the entrance of the hive.It will be two years in
May. We have noticed on the towels alot of dead mites, we also have seen
evidence of mites in the brood section, but not on the bees themselves.
We also have tried garlic oil it kills the mites too. We work both with
Italian and African hybrids,with same results. This spring we''re going
to use smaller comb size(4.9cm.) it has been tested for the control of
the mites here in Tucson, Az..
IMHO I believe we should get ahead of the this year. Well at least we
have a fighting chance at them.
        May the Good Lord Bless and Multiply you Bees

                     BoB

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]