Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:29:29 -0700
> He is afraid to use them because the virus residual in comb wax. I'm
>  sure that there is no AFB involved, otherwise his entire yard would
>  be full of AFB.

AFAIK, viruses don't survive long on comb.  As for other diseases, there
will be some on old comb, but also on new comb. Chemical residues are
more of a concern, but should not be a problem unless a lot of potent
treatments were made during the life of the comb.

In the north, drawn comb is very valuable and helps ensure colony
development and survival as comb building is very seasonal since it
requires warm temperatures, ample feed,and young bees.

In the south, bees are less challenged and beekeepers seem to be able to
draw far more comb, so it is less valuable.

In short, I would not discard them for no reason.