Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:51:21 -0700
Will anyone care to answer a few questions my 5th grade class and I are
puzzling over during our bee unit?

--Do drone bees ever leave the hive to collect nectar?
--Would a drone bee (or worker) ever be allowed to "mingle" with bees from
another unrelated hive?
--Can you please explain how a bee can feed on alfalfa?  We only picture
them feeding from flowers.

Thank you so much.  We are very excited to have found your BEE list!  Very
interesting discussions currently about flowers, smells, flavors. . .
Mary