From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2013 10:39:31 -0300
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It seems to me that it would be wise to keep in mind the actual ranking of
> the impacts of various pesticides upon honey bee health, and to focus our
> efforts upon those responsible for the most damage.

 If you are ranking the impact, then you have to consider the amount put
into the environment.  With neonics now accounting for well over 25 percent
of all insecticides used, which other ones deserve greater focus, Randy?
Since corn and soybeans are by far the most omnipresent crops and with
neonics now registered on a huge variety of flowering fruits and vegetables
that bees visit which other insecticides are you thinking we should focus
on?

Awhile back you posted a link to a comprehensive document on insecticide
use in California, but it should be noted that because they were not
sprayed on the field (for the most part) the neonic usage in California was
basically undocumented (hugely underestimated).

Just the impact of seeding dust on beekeepers in Ontario obviously has them
mad about pesticide kills to an extent that I do not recall in the recent
past.

Stan