From:
"Rudolf E. Bahr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 20:03:05 +0100
On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Paul Cronshaw, D.C. wrote:

> After reading these articles, I have two questions:
>
> 1. When do most beekeepers requeen- Fall or Spring?
>
> 2. HOw effective are "Imirie Shims"?

1.) The decision, at what time to requeen, could depend on the yield.
    In regions with early yields it should normally be an advantage to
    requeen in the fall before.
    Brother Adam, in a region with rather late yields, requeens mostly in
    spring. Simultaneously he "equals" his colonies, in order to be able to
    treat them all in nearly the same manner. But he also exchanges single
    queens whenever necessary.

2.) I am afraid, all but me know what "Imirie Shims" are. Could you send
    a private e-mail and tell me?

regards,
R.E.Bahr

NISI APES FINIS