From:
Kathryn Kerby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2015 08:47:57 -0800
Good morning all.  I've been wanting to ask a particular question for awhile
and now's a good time, given the newly arrived reading time on my hands.  I
have a number of beekeeping books accumulated now.  In past reading I have
found quite a lot of variation between them in terms of recommended
technique details, task timing, ways to evaluate and assess hive health at
any given point, etc etc.  I've always attributed those differences to being
a combination of different management styles, goals, and regional
situations.  Yet since joining this list, I've noticed more than a few
passing comments along the line about this-or-that book, or author, either
being a solid source of information or not a good guide at all.

So I want to put you folks on the spot.

Which book(s) would you recommend to experienced-but-still-amateur
beekeepers, as a solid, reliable, well researched and well regarded how-to
source?  I've kept bees on an amateur scale for almost 10 years now.  A lot
of that time has been spent navigating amongst and sometimes between
conflicting recommendations about how best to manage my bees.  I look to my
books at any given time and find as many recommendations as I have authors,
for how to proceed in such-and-such situation.  I'd like to start managing
my bees a little more actively during 2015, but don't feel like I know who
to trust in terms of the authors I have.  Recommendations?  Thanks in
advance...
Kathryn Kerby

Frogchorusfarm.com

Snohomish, WA