From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2010 09:05:17 -0500
> Including you, it seems.

discussion of sources of funding are important today.

> Hmmm.  Jerry said,
>
> "(1) the onion seed pollination work was done for a large U.S. company,
> there was no grant received from Bayer...
> How do you figure that Bayer funded Jerry's work?
> I'm still waiting for a direct answer.
> Somebody is wrong.

I agree!

The article and a few other sources say:

"In recent years Bromenshenk has received a significant research grant from
BAYER to study bee (onion seed?) pollination"

I say getting funds from Bayer or Monsanto or other companies for research
happens all the time. As I said in my previous post only not saying Bayer
money was involved ( *if* it was as both sides are not backing down)  is
causing the current issue.
Many of my friends were upset when I laughed at all the uproar.

My opinion:
I believe some Bayer paid for research has been tainted but other has not.
As Jerry said this research had nothing to do with the neonicotinoids. Jerry
and his team did a good job of researching the nosema/virus issue! *If*
Bayer funding was used I see no problem with it. *if* part of the funding
came from Bayer then all Jerry has to do is say so and the story will go
away.

Hitting the road today for awhile (like last week).

bob