From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2015 07:23:03 -0400
<While I'm getting that experience, I'm bound to lose hives to high mite
counts on treatments that were less than effective, and lose hives to side
effects of the treatment itself when the formic was too effective.>

I've never managed to kill a hive with formic and I've had some oops-es.
More likely you will set them back, but I suppose that depends on your
climate as well.  Sampling (assuming you have time) can ensure you haven't
undershot.  As far as temp if you're doing a flash treatment I've found
when it's warmer out applying in the evening helps a lot, by the time it
warms up again the bulk of the vapors have dissipated.  I'm hardly an
expert, but it's been effective the last couple years and I know there are
others with similar experience.  I'm not particularly familiar with the
strips, which I assume could be more susceptible to temp swings and harder
to find the right window for.

Jeremy
West Michigan