From:
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:12:29 -0400
Hi Guys

I'm going to share a little secret. Don't tell anyone or I'll loose my esteemed beekeeping place of honor. :-)

Last year, mid-season, when it was obvious my bees weren't going to make it, I regressed to treating. Yep, I confess, when my splits failed to thrive, failed to forage, failed to take feed and just languished along in a disorganized spotty brood pattern kind of way, I treated them.

I did it. I got out the bee catalog and ordered a can of premixed tetra. Yes, I routinely applied it to the top bars in each and every hive. And they all got treated a few more times until the end of the season.

There was a flicker of hope as some of the hives began foraging on September alfalfa. But, in the end they all perished.

That just shows what a bunch of BS from BL the treatment bandwagon is......blah...blah...blah

***************END OF MY SAD BUT HUMOROUS STORY****************

Yes, I did treat. Yes, my bees died. But to deride treating and draw such a conclusion, as I did above, is ludicrous! Yet, I've seen the same kind of non-treatment bee story posted above with the same kind of conclusions. And then the same sentiments parodied later. Not much informed beekeeping there.

Come on BL guys, you can do better than that! Or you'll have to change your motto. :-)))

Regards - Dennis
Thinking it's time to give this one a rest.