From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:00:30 -0700
I know it's not regarding bee health but here is my issue & question -

Requeened after a swarm 3 weeks ago with cells from a low mite count feral colony and now after only one week after mating I find 7 queen cells on two frames (3rd and 4th from one side).  All cells are about 1/3 down from the top bar in a line.  There are
only two frames of young brood.  I removed some full frames and replaced these with partly empty frames and some foundation.

My read is that these queen cells are requeening cells not swarm cells, that the collective verdict is that the newly emerged queen is not strong enough.  Any thoughts?

I'm thinking of taking a few cells out and starting a nuc and letting the rest go and see what happens.   Any thoughts?

Thanks to everyone!