From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:40:50 -0700
Peter Borst writes:
I am sorry you are having a hard time from the way you are
writing here now Peter, but fortunately many archives
written on the subject matter of enlarging honeybees
survive, from Bee World, to Gleanings in Bee Culture, and
the American Bee Journal, to name a few. Some are posted at
beesource.com from history under POV Lusby should you want
to go and read, though I would think you have access to
them already at colleges near you.

As for your saying: "This simply doesn't happen in southern
states because the population has a much more gradual rise
and fall and the varroa don't overwhelm them.",.....

 unfortunately this too is not true, for it is written that
for example "In countries without a true winter period, and
wehre pollination of early-flowering fruit stimulates early
brood rearing, varroa regenerates relentlessly." or "The
build-up of mite population can be slow in difficult
climates...or those with long winters and late spring, but
it is very rapid in those parts where bees thrive best
throughout the year."

Now these statements above here quoted from print, I typed
from The Varroa Handbook, and sound similar maybe to early
Almond pollenation, or S. Calif/Yuma, or Texas, or Gulf
Port States, or Florida that have varroa problems.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona