From:
Florida Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:17:05 -0400
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>Peter, I think is a bit rough to call this a scam.

I have to agree with this. While many people involved in keeping bees may
not care for it, the fact remains that it is an actual product, and people
know they will be getting what is described for whatever money they have
put up. It obviously works to some extent, based on the videos. So, it
can't be classified as a scam in the sense people are pledging money for
vaporware.

My friends and family keep pointing it out to me, asking if I've seen it
(yes) and if I'll put up money for one (no, not at this stage). My issues
with it are several, but my primary concern is the number of people who
clearly have not given any thought to having bees - not "keeping" bees -
prior to seeing this and some do not seem inclined to heed the warnings
from people of all the other things that going into keeping bees. While I
am hoping, and quite willing, in this instance, to be wrong, I foresee a
lot of dead or absconded bees, and a number of these things hitting the
aftermarket on eBay or Craigslist next year after the people in the
crowdfunding round go through a season with bees - and if I saw one there
reasonably enough, I might pick one up, to tinker/test/play with because
that's just the way I am.