From:
Ed Costanza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:54:44 -0400
What can you do to make an excessively aggressive hive of bees more docile?
 Out of 15 hives of bees and 30 years of keeping bees I can never remember a
hive so aggressive.

I have had this particular hive of  bees for 3 years now.  Their
aggressiveness has increased dramatically in the past 2 months.  Over the
last 2 years I had lost all my bees to mites except this hive.  Thiey were
moved to our apple orchard for pollination along with hives from another
beekeeper.  The original queen died and was replaced by the hive itself.

There is a heavy honey flow on now predominate with yellow clover.  I am not
sure what to do with this hive, because after each inspection it is
impossible to work anywhere near it with out being attached.

Ed Costanza
Edgewood, NM (30 miles east of Albuquerque)