From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:06:52 -0400
  I dont see how one visit a year
> is 'early warning'.  It is ridiculous
> to think it provides any type of
> early warning.

How about the new beekeeper who doesn't know AFB, and has a low grade
infection in his colony? An infection that would be discovered before
the mess is robbed out by the neighborhood's other bees. And, at the
same time, that bee-haver would get an education from the inspector.

>> And, thinking back, did this very writer not call in the experts for
>>
> assistance and verification of his observations some time back?
>
> No
>
> And if I did, my point is proven because
> it would have been dependent on my identification
> of the initial "early warning" of the problem.

No? The answer to the question asked is yes.

The early warning isn't for the likes of you and other knowledgeable
beekeepers Joe. It's for the ignorant who don't know what AFB is or how
to check mite levels in their colonies., or even it they have a viable
colony of bees.
> The inspectors would have been re-active and
> not pro-active.

In your case yes.
Mike