From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:49:55 -0700
> this is true on the surface.  this would be akin to saying that bread is
> mostly flour and water...true as far as it goes, but if you've ever eaten
> matzot, you know that microbes (yeast, in the case of bread) is at least
> as important if what you want is what you think of as "bread". <etc.>

Good point, but I suppose from the practical point of Dee's question, we
should ask:

Practically speaking,
1.) how does pollen preserved in the comb compare to fresh pollen and
2.) how does that change from the time it is first placed in the comb as
pellets to the time it is covered with honey and stored for months or years?

(By extension, then, and a bit off topic but of great interest to me would
be how fresh pollen and stored pollen (beebread) each compares to
supplements.   Is the processed pollen superior, the same. inferior, or
somehow different in effect?  Is there some lesson there for makers of
feeds, like the suggestion that acid or microbes are helpful in themselves?)

I look forward to seeing the material mentioned, and welcome any other
comments.

allen
http://www.honeybeeword.com/
---
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he's supposed to
be doing at the moment. -- Robert Benchley