From:
"Susan W. Cobey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:04:51 -0500
Several Beekeepers have asked me where to get NWC Queens.  Those of you
using these- please let me know how you like them. I love to hear the
compliments and learn from the complaints.

New World Carniolan Program

The New World Carniolan is a highly productive, gentle and winter hardy
stock selected for traditional Carniolan characteristics.  Our program
includes selection for reduced susceptibility to disease and tracheal
mites.

Initially established in 1982 in California, the breeding program is
currently maintained in a cooperative effort with Ohio State University and
several members of the California Bee Breeders Association.

The breeding program is designed to provide a continuous source of proven,
high quality stock to benefit the beekeeping industry. It is also designed
to provide a working model of the Page-Laidlaw Closed Population Breeding
Program.  In this effort, classes on the technique of instrumental
insemination are conducted every summer at Ohio State University.

Contact the following Cooperating Queen Breeders
for breeders and production queens.

Valeri Severson
Strachan Apiaries, Inc.
2522 Tierra Buena Rd.