From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:43:19 -0800
Bob writes:
Certainly AHb takeovers are common in Arizona as are bees
with
capensis like traits. Every year Dr. DeGloria Hoffman warns
the industry but the warnings fall on deaf ears.

Reply:
Well Bob, certainly in your assumption certainly says a lot
of what concerning AHB so-called takeovers for actions
honeybees have been doing for hundreds of years.

But you are right that in Arizona are bees with capensis
like traits, and that they too have been here all along,
and documented as being here, even by the local bee lab, as
we supplied the local stock that has always been here for
testing...

So in actualality, what is the fear? for the same bees we
have are normal So Western Rock Mountain honeybees and
have even been documented in So Calif; not that I haven't
seen them in other beekeepers yards in most all states of
the West and S. West.

But the capenis like traits are old written about traits
also and documented by our USGov as being present in all
races/strains they looked at from Italian, to Amm, to
carniolan, etc

As for the fear factor to AHB doing normal requeening like
other races seen by the likes of CC Miller and others early
on.......

Well, gotta keep reinventing the wheel to get funding I
guess and put new twists on it.....what else can I say.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona