From:
Robert E Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:02:45 EDT
Hi Greg:
I think that the "Key" is "Sealed Honey".  The honey is at peak flavor
when capped. Excess moisture has been evaporated out by "Fanning" by the
workers.

When I did chunk honey, I would sometimes just cut out a strip of pretty
capped honey out of the middle of a frame, and just slip the frame back
in for the bees to repair and refill. Later you would have to look close
to find the spot. (This cannot be done with Duragilt.)

This gives a nice clean "Chunk" to slide down in the jar, then finish
filling with extracted honey.

Bob Neely
Goose Creek, SC