From:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:59:34 +0100
Ted Fischer wrote:

> Therefore I feel that it is opportune to try the neuroactive chemical
> coumaphos.  It will hit these Apistan-resistant mites at a different
> physiological site, hopefully controlling them before they can spread to
other
> colonies.  Then one can return to the safer Apistan.

I would simply suggest that a check to confirm that you really have
Apistan-resistant varroa before resorting to the much more hazardous
Coumaphos would be a good idea.

As far as I know, Apistan used according to the label has never left
detectable levels in honey. Is the same true for Coumaphos?

John Burgess, Editor Gwenynwyr Cymru/The Welsh Beekeeper