From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:13:22 -0500
>The one thing most buyers read on a label
>is the area from which the packer is.

Bob reminds me of a story.  Several years ago a close family friend decided
to try eating "local" honey to see if it would help her allergies any.
This friend was well educated, shops at places like Whole Foods, and would
consider herself a savvy shopper.  She ate a little honey, her allergies
got a lot worse, and she decided she had actually adversely reacted to all
the "local" pollen in the honey.  She offered to give me the jar of honey
afterwards, because she was afraid of its effect on her allergies by then.
I noticed the jar had the local address of the packer in large lettering,
but it also said "Product of Argentina and/or China" in small letters.