Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:52:42 -0700
We have been talking about this topic a bit, peripherally, and a while back
Charlie inspired me to think about hive scales and realize that I had a
monster scale sitting doing nothing.  Mine is not nearly as high- tech as
his, but it provides endless entertainment and intellectual stimulation.

I have four hives on a pallet on the platform scale.  As it happens, these
hives are in Styrofoam boxes.  Three are in three boxes now, after I took
off some that turned out to have some undrawn foundation in the middle, and
one in four.

See http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2009/DSCF5077A.JPG and look
for the ones on the scale.

I've been charting the weight changes and the most recent data as of
yesterday is at http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2009/9k1.ht2.jpg

The daily temperature in degrees C is there as is the daily and cumulative
change in weight as well as a running projection of total consumption to
April 1.