From:
Doug Yanega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:29:24 -0600
In case any of you were bothered at receiving the preceding mass commercial
e-mailing on BEE-L:

>Just a message to let you know that DJSA's Who's Who Guide
>is located at http://www.djsa.com/whoswho1.htm [snip]

I've acquired a little relevant information about the individual
responsible; I have no reason to suspect the following information is not
true, though I cannot of course guarantee it:

>From: [log in to unmask] (Karen Lofstrom)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.misc
>Date: 7 Mar 1996 02:25:56 GMT
>
>Doug Yanega ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>: Out of curiosity, have other mailing lists been hit by this one? Looks
>: like a pretty generic Spam to me. If so, I wouldn't mind knowing who lies
>: above djsa.com in the hierarchy so complaints can be filed appropriately.
>
>Auwe!  It's David J. Smith again.  This guy spammed from various
>addresses for years; he's been dropped by every national online
>service, often several times from one site.  He used to get his feed
>from Holonet; looks like he's getting his feed from Netcom now.
>
>Complain LOUDLY to [log in to unmask]
>
>Whois shows his phone number to be 305-749-8642.  Record was updated
>in Feb 96.  Is this number a good way to contact him?  Someone who
>lives out that way might want to try.
>--
>Karen Lofstrom                                      [log in to unmask]

In other words, this would appear to be an individual who has committed
extensive net-abuse in the past, and a number of complaints from BEE-L
subscribers directed to [log in to unmask] might be a useful thing (since Mr.
Smith is himself the postmaster at DJSA.com, his own private site).
Complaints should cite the original posting, not this follow-up.
Sincerely,

Doug Yanega       Illinois Natural History Survey, 607 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820 USA      phone (217) 244-6817, fax (217) 333-4949
 affiliate, Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Dept. of Entomology