Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:45:36 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)

>Great teaser, but where is the rest of the talk?

...coming soon to a computer near you :)

We've had a huge backlog of videos for many years now....I've taped most talks at all of the organic and treatment free conferences over the last number of years, and we have some archives that were taped by Dee.

I have made several attempts at transferring them (VHS tape some from the 1980s) myself....I simply don't have the proper equipment (I'm an audio guy), and I was never satisfied with the results.

We are pleased (and humbled) to say that a private donor came along who understood what we were trying to do, and simply funded the project...hiring the best lab in the Boston area to do the high quality video transfers.  The weak link in the chain is the audio...some of the tapes/scenes are pretty terrible...fortunately, I do have the equipment to work with the audio.

Our agreement with the donor and Dee is that all the tapes will be made available online for free...not in high quality video, and without fixing the audio...but it will all be there for those interested in reviewing it.  I expect we will work with some of the footage and put the more important things into some kind of logical sequence...but we have yet to review all of the footage as of yet.

Highlights include Kirk Jones acknowledging a pie that Dee brought to the meeting with an on camera burp, lots of AHB footage and documentation, pesticide kills, workers laying in queen cells, etc.  On the same tape as the Dr. Erikson talk is fascinating talk by his wife (at the time), Dr. Barbara Erikson...she talks about pesticides, groundwater, and microbial systems...in 1989 at a bee meeting.

In any case, this is all forthcoming, and will take a little time...but I will update here soon!

deknow

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2