From:
David E MacFawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:45:26 -0500
In the latest edition of the Hive & Honey bee ( 2015),  a  recommendation
is made that weak colonies should not be combined with other  colonies in the
Autumn due to potential diseases.  I still use beeswax  foundation in my
brood chamber, and normally replace the dark brood frames that  were used to
raise bees for deadouts.   This is to minimize the  potential spread of
diseases / virus.  Will virusus / other   diseases get into the bee bread and
honey?  I am sure AFB / EFB  probably will.

Interested in determining how many frames to replace.  If I used  plastic
foundation in my brood chamber, what is the consensus of being able to
"clean" the plastic foundation for virus,  and what procedure should  be used to
clean the plastic foundation?

Thanks,
Dave MacFawn
Lexington, SC USA.