From:
Peter Chiang Mai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 03:54:21 -0500
I am very interested in collecting bee venom and am trying to gather some statistics.

Can anyone point me to a site where I can find the amount of venom that can be collected from a single colony in a year?   There seems to be a dearth of information ....  a lot of sales hype for product but nothing about the realities of production and people that are collecting venom do not want to give any information at all.  That makes it even more interesting.

I understood that production of about 1.2 grams per hive per week for six months of the year was reasonable but this morning I heard from China that 5 grams per year is about it.