From:
Larry Farris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 12:15:30 U
                       Subject:                               Time:11:48
AM
  OFFICE MEMO          PermaDent Foundation
Date:4/17/95

This question is sent in regard to PermaDent fountation (as sold by Mann
Lake).  I started using this type of foundation three years ago
primarily because I understood that it was reusable.  The actual plastic
is imprinted with the honeycomb structure and has a coating of bees wax
on it.  Since some of my brood frames are now getting fairly old and
dark, I would like to clean these up.  My question involves how to go
about doing this.  When I have just scraped off the old drawn wax, the
bees have a strong tendency to draw out drone-sized cells rather than
worker cells (even though on the new, original foundation they had drawn
worker cells before).  Has anyone else experienced this?  If you have
solved this problem please advise me of the proper technique on the
refurbishment of Permadent foundation.   Thanks -
[log in to unmask]  (N. Texas)