From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:24:05 -0500
Lloyd Spear wrote:

> IMHO, we should be spending far more money than we are on education of
> beekeepers, and far less on 'inspection'.

In Maine we are blessed to have both, since a call to Tony will bring
both an inspection and education.

We also have Chapters of the Maine State Beekeepers which hold schools
(I have spoken at three) as well as the Extension Service which works
with the MSBA. In essence, we have a statewide program that is geared
toward education.

I see the same sort of effort in Massachusetts, so maybe I am
extrapolating too much.

However, I stand by my statement that irresponsible beekeepers do not
last long. So it is self correcting.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine