From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:02:10 -0500
Peter Borst said "Most of the modifications that have been added over the
years are unnecessary or ill advised. Drone escapes are essential, screen on
the bottom tray is not."

From time to time, Peter has made it clear he works with bees at Cornell
University, and made some reference to that in his note today.  Since Peter
did not say it, I will...this is his personal opinion, and not necessarily
the view of others at Cornell.  In fact, his boss, Nick Calderone, went out
of his way this past summer to praise the Sundance(tm) traps, when I had
them on display at a conference where he was a speaker.

That said, Peter, I am very interested in your advice on how best to clean
pollen for sale.  I use an expensive modified seed cleaner, but those with
only a couple of hundred of pounds really need something less expensive that
takes up less space.  Any ideas?  I am also interested in any thoughts you
have concerning what features of the Sundance(tm) trap are "ill advised".

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.