From:
Peter Chiang Mai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:22:25 -0500
"My suggestion is buy one of the best on the market, take it apart and replicate it!"

Which assumes they are sold in the local market.  Sadly they are not since a different type of hive is used here.  So that would mean product cost from say the States $45, freight, say $50 or more, customs duty $100 or more.  Total $200 more or less.  No way.  Then there is the time.  Order product and get delivery to customs say three weeks.  Customs processes ...  impossible to know, if you pay and are lucky a week, if not then your guess is as good as mine.

So now you probably appreciate why I am treading the path of learning rather than simply visiting the shops.