From:
Bob Hassett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 09:25:00 -0600
I am new to beekeeping and to the internet. In addition, I am rather
isolated from information about beekeeping. Working second shift makes
it imposible to attend meetings and I haven't found any other
beekeepers close by that I can share my interest in bees.

Viewing recent postings has helped me attend to immediate concerns. As
the snow gets deeper and the temperature gets colder I will dig in to
the archives to great detail. Please keep up the archives for us
isolated "newbees".

BTW, we also have a PYO strawberry farm. This past spring we conducted
our first "Blossum Tour" for a local 3rd grade class. One of our
"discovery" stations focused on beekeeping. I was very happily
surprised and incouraged by the kids' (and parents') interest and
questions. We plan to offer our "K-3 Program" to more schools in the
spring of '97.

So PLEASE, keep the archive going so I can keep on the straight and
narrow with people.

I would like to hear suggestions from other beekeepers on what to
"show and tell" during my 20 minute spiel.

Thanks for the time and space.