Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:12:48 -0400
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> These are the conclusions, Bill.
> Kind regards,

Many thanks,

In essence - pesticides are a complex issue we need more studies and these
are the possible avenues.

That interprets into-"Send money" :)

One interesting thing that may result from the hysteria in the press about
the neonics, is their replacement by pyrethins. The synthetic variants of
this one will be more of a problem for humans than the neonics. Plus, as
noted in the paper Ghislain posted, it is also a repellent. And they kill
fish.

Which is what the paper says - pesticides are a complex issue and we are
really looking for the one that does the least harm,

Between harming people with the pyrethins, or presumed harm to bees and not
to people, based on the data so far, I would bet on the neonics, especially
in view of the current law which favors humans, especially children, over
bugs, no matter how beneficial.

Interesting- the anti-neonics could be classified as pro bee/anti people.
BTW, the pyrethins ar classed as an organic pesticide (because it is made
from daisies). I never used them because of the personal danger and fish
kills,

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine