From:
Robert Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 16:19:06 -0400
On 3-Aug-17, at 11:53 AM, Jerry Bromenshenk wrote:

> and then hoisting beehives - only an idiot would use jumbos

Hi Jerry & All

I agree!  Also, as I am a proponent of single deep brood chambers, I
cannot understand why anyone would need twelve 11 7/8" frames when ten
9 1/8 frames in a standard  lang hive have 3000 cells per side for a
total of 60,000 cells when a queen laying 2000 eggs a day can only lay
up 42,000, at that continuous laying rate, before the first one
emerges in 21 days .  11 7/8" frames would have 3900 cells per side
(using my  $2 calculator) almost 94,000 for twelve of those big
frames.  No wonder those big boxes are so heavy as most of the frames
would be full of capped honey.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada