From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:21:03 -0400
All ,
 I have had a couple of times with the bees that I did breed do well.  Two out of 44 is not good results. It happened with the buckfast blood line. I think it was because        of the genetic diversity that was coming into the US.  They were good for  two years each.  Brother Adam had a lot of different stock that he was breeding with at the time. I think that was the key element  why they did well here in the NW Washington. Beekeepers had to change some of there practices to suit that stock. If you wanted glue , they could fill the hive up and even just leave a small hole at the entrance.
 I can't see any real progress in breeding for all beekeepers unless we have everyone working together with a good long term goal in mind. It is sort of believing in the tooth fairy.
The Best
Roy