From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:02:29 +0100
>Beware of interviews!

Wise words indeed.  It is only when you have innocently given an interview
and then seen how it is twisted that you realise the danger.

Back to the main subject: is it not true that we now know what is killing
our bees?  Weather, mites, viruses, pesticides (esp neonicotinoids in my
view), Nosema and loss of habitat seem to be the main culprits.  Perhaps we
could add to those the problems imposed in some areas by beekeeper
introduced stresses e.g. movement for pollination.  Remove all those -
except the weather of course - and our bees would be thriving.

So is it time now to stop looking for what is killing bees and concentrate
instead on finding a way of eliminating, or at least mitigating, the effects
of these problems of which we are already aware?

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W