Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:50:14 CST
> What are the REAL objections to an Organic Certified Honey.??

Let me try to be brief- Myself, I'd like to be able to tell people
that I do take some care in producing my honey. I don't use Apistan,
for example (at least not for now)- I'm using Mineral Oil.

Given the area that my bees forage- I know that what surrounds me is
only pastureland, but becuase I live on only 10 acres, I can't control
what everyone in the forage area is doing. It's definitely *not* doable
for me.

I don't understand how using foundation affects the honey in any way.
I don't heat or filter the honey.
I just can't get any more organic than this, given where I live.
It strikes me as a bit similar to telling anyone who uses irrigation
that they can't certify their produce as organic because they can't
assure that the water underground is entirely free of contaminants- yet
nobody suggests that.

Just my reaction to this. - I think there should be gradations of
"organic" After all, we shouldn't be designing agricultural policy to
drive out the small producer.

Phil Wood