From:
Garry Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:30:56 EST
Hello everyone

   Upon an inspection over the weekend I found that I have several hives that
the cluster has reached the top of a double deep chamber. My question is this
even though there are plenty of stores remaining in the top chamber, will
they move over to reach the stores or should I feed them?? I was considering
that I have a 25 pound bag of sugar left from last fall that is rock solid,
Can I just saw off slices that would fit between the cluster and the inner
cover?I am in south east PA. these are Italians and seem very healthy and
active inside the hive at 45 degrees outside this past weekend but we had 5
weeks of below freezing weather(extreme for this area), and the worst of our
winter is the next several weeks into late February.

Thanks
Garry