From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:37:22 -0700

> I'd like some advice here. Is there an efficient way to extract
honey from TBH that I've missed all this time? Would my
recommendation for langstroth or local equivalent make sense, for a
honey production purpose?

Perhaps I have a tangental answer to this question.

Recently, to address a swarming problem caused by numerous shoe-box sized top bar hives in my city, I developed a Cadillac-sized top bar hive.

Through the process of design it evolved into a hybrid TBH/Lang, with brood in the bottom "Top Bar" Portion, and Langstroth Medium Supers above them.

Same principle could be applied in Africa, just putting Lang woodenware on top of their local DIY Top bar hives.

This limits the only Lang components to two:  Medium Supers, and Medium Frames.

http://members.shaw.ca/metropropolis/The%20Calgary%20Top%20Bar%20Hive.pdf