From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:49:36 -0500
Matthew asks "Does anyone know a good weed-spray to use on thistles?

I purchased some acreage and wish to kill off the thistles before they
get a grip on the land - but I have bees on the property."

Last year I visited a well known queen breeder and during the course of our
discussion asked what was done to control weeds.  I was told "I use a hand
sprayer with Roundup(tm), and on occasion have accidentally sprayed bees in
front of hives on the entrance board.'  'I've never seen any effect on the
bees, and weeds are very well controlled."

I have since used it myself, with similar results.  You do not say what type
of thistle you have, but Roundup(tm) quickly kills my Canadian thistle.

Lloyd
Email [log in to unmask]
Owner, Ross Rounds(tm), the finest in comb honey production.
http://www.rossrounds.com