From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:18:42 -0700
Hi again, I grew up on a dairy farm and the skunks used to join our cats
next the the milkhouse.

Two tips, skunks hate water.  A bucket of water or spray for a hose will
cause them to turn and run.

We used to trap them in a pipe.  They would race for the quickest exist
when dosed with water.  The exit was under an outbuilding, so we simply
put a piece of pipe with the far end plugged in the get-away slot.

Skunk among cats, bucket of water, run like made and plug the pipe with a
gunny sack.

Now, skunks don't spray if they can't raise their tail - at least it
worked every time we tried it.

Haul the skunk out to some distant location, pop open the trap, and beat a
hasty retreat.  Our only problem is retrieving the trap.  Because the
skunk in the pipe (or in the trap with a blanket) doesn't know where it
has been taken, it seems to think that like Alice, if it goes back into
the pipe or trap and comes out again, maybe it will be home.

Eventually the skunk gives up and wanders off, then you can get your pipe
or trap back.

Jerry Bromenshenk