From:
Keith Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:56:36 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
not that most all now
> from 125 bearly number even 9 anymore due to politics of
> the game.

I am small potatoes beekeeping-wise and am apparently ignorant as to
the politics of the industry.   But since they come up when the
discussion of smaller bees, and changing cell size, thelytoky and all
of the things this manipulation is said to do for the bees and the
beekeeper alike come up, I would like to know what political fallout
has driven these beekeepers out of business?  Is beekeeping so fraught
with political intrigue that 92.8% of the beekeepers you refer to have
been eliminated from the "game"?

My experience is that "politics" is often used as a scapegoat for
normal processes/attrition.  Can anyone show me that this is not the
case in this instance?  I have asked this before, and never received a
strait answer.  And IF so I think the answer may have a rather
significant impact on the industry as a whole, commercial, sideliner
and hobbyist.

Keith