From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 2016 17:03:24 -0500
> <This is a curious observation. I used to think bees would die with honey
> when it was too cold to allow them to move, but from what you describe,
> this hardly seems the case here.>

I have to be honest I was a bit puzzled.  They were doing great in
September, treated mid August, good goldenrod flow this year and very late
frost for this area so they kept bringing in pollen far later than normal.
I try to have everything pretty much buttoned down before school starts,
normally I don't get to check over Christmas break.  Both colonies had a
good population and obviously a laying queen.  Oh well I'll get enough from
the honey I just extracted to pay for a couple new ones next year.  The
other 8 all seem to be doing fine.

Jeremy
West Michigan