Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:45:31 -0400
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:08:37 -0700, Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  So what is this practice?  I use blue shop rags, but perhaps in a different way.

they are frequently used as a delivery medium for off label mite treatments. they take a while for the
bees to "digest" so they tend to last more then 2 weeks. while not defending the practice it works
quite well if the active ingredients are rotated and the overall system is cheap.

for large operations an occasional fine is still way cheaper then say buying tubs of Apiguard for 3000
hives.

lately the trick is getting a straw buyer to obtain the insecticide. some state dept of Ag's are
monitoring the purchase of Tactic and Maverik. its become an annual game of cat and mouse.