From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:24:10 +0100
Hi All

Allen Dick recently said...

>   Perhaps you think that because I recently examined the Lusby
> bees and had an article published about my observations, that
> I am on that 'side'.  Frankly, as far as I am concerned, in this and
> most other such matters there are no sides, except the side of
> careful, objective consideration, and the side of snap judgements,
> and passionate, blind conviction.  I'm not on 'Dee's side'  or
> 'Bob's side'.  I'm just interested in the objective, unvarnished and
> unspun truth.

Whilst I can be passionate in holding certain opinions, I do not consider
they are blind conviction. I too am interested in the objective, unvarnished
and unspun truth.

I think in this instance the thelytoky being so hotly debated is much more
prevelent in bees of all strains or races of bees, than has been hitherto
noticed... Probably because it has not been sought.

By all means leave out the name calling and 'who' said 'what', but let us
carry on the discussion on thelytoky, anarchistic behaviour, worker policing
and other directly related topics.

Yes, there is a 'special case' in some capensis invasions, but it is just
that... 'a special case', capensis does not typify thelytokyous behavior.
That is not to say that it is harmless either.

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman