From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:17:45 -0600
>>> Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> 12/12 7:56 am >>> writes

My only concern is overwintering in Maine, with the one additional
break between boxes that the bees are
faced with, but I doubt if that will be a major problem
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME

Hi Bill,
Overwintering should not be a problem as I have been doing it here in
Minnesota for over 10 years now with all mediums.  I do use 4 mediums
for the brood camber here mostly to provide room for winter stores.
Like to have the top two boxes pretty much completely full of honey/
pollen.  I provide an upper entrance and reduce the bottom entrance to
keep mice out but usually don't wrap.  We probably get as cold as you
do but have less snow.

St Paul, MN  45 degrees north
blane
Blane White