Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:52:53 -0600
Here's a short story I hope some of you will enjoy:

Yesterday a homeowner called me for a swarm.  After unloading all my
gear & placing the blanket below the tree, the homeowners came out with
their kids and everyone asked me a bunch of questions about all the
bee-excitement.  After the third or fourth one, the bees suddenly began
dispersing like they were on fire.  Since I was standing there with
nozzle in hand watching my prey fly away, I stopped talking mid-sentence
and switched on the BeeVac.  Within a minute I had a good 1/2 of the
bees  - but did they ever act like they didn't want to be there.  I've
never heard such a roar from a small group of bees.

The remainder filled the air and started traveling down the row of
houses.  After they got about 4 houses away, they must have realized the
queen didn't join their flight and began to turn around.  After 1/2
hour, all the bees returned to the tree and then to the BeeVac box which
I removed and placed just below.  All the bees were mine inside of an
hour.

It just goes to show that sometimes it pays to talk later.

Matthew Westall - Castle Rock, CO