From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 11:23:03 -0400
I would agree with Peters book recommendations for the works of Eva Crane,
perhaps the ‘Indiana Jones’ of Apiculture.  IMO, when moving into advanced
beekeeping, it is important to review the past to have a better
understanding of how and why things are the way they are in beekeeping
today.

Some of the older works go into detail not much seen in instructional
beekeeping books today. The material can be dated, so it must be read with
an appreciation for the knowledge at the time.  A few of my favorites are:

The honey bee; its natural history, physiology, and management (1827)