Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:40:55 GMT
>>the article in question missed to quote the honey source(s) for
each case.

A friend of mine had open heart surgery over a year ago to replace a valve.  Without medical supervision, he only used his own local Long Island honey on the long wound that run down his chest.  He is 74 and the wound healed up very quickly.  There is a scar but you have to look closely to see it.

I have no reason to think our suburban honey is exceptional but it's nice to see good results.

>>people that have a history of allergic reactions, honey might then not be so harmless perhaps?

Someone recently mentioned to me knowing someone allergic to honey.  This was the first time I've ever heard of such a case.  [It's not confirmed so perhaps it's an allergy to something else.]

I have noticed myself that if I eat my own honey on a regular basis in the winter - say, a teaspoonful per day - I seem to experience cold temperatures more, especially in my fingers.  Eating sweets does not seem to have the same effect.  I wonder if the simple sugars from honey raise my blood sugar causing this reaction?  I don't have diabetes but perhaps I should check my blood sugar level...  Has anyone had the same reaction?

On the other hand, taking a spoonful of honey in the morning keeps me working in my backyard or hiking on a trail all day without feeling tired. :)

Waldemar
Long Island, NY