From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:20:11 -0600
I placed two one pound protein patties between the two deeps of a two deep
hive which had bees hanging off the bottoms of the frames in the bottom
boxes and bees up to the top when the cover was removed.

Mark, when did you do that??

Seems to me if you did that before the mid Jan in SC you would be too early.
Stimulating brood rearing long before any chance of pollen.  (just opinion)
also wonder if SHB would be an issue,  Here it seems the SHB don't lay many
eggs until March or so,  but the warmer climate in SC may be an issue??

Charles