From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:20:46 -0800
I believe nine frames is great for a hobbiest like myself.  I space my
nine frame leaving a bit of extra space to one side.  The space acts
much as Aaron described the follower board.  The first frame slides over
a bit and is removed without rolling.  The first frame is left out of
the hive and is replaced in the ninth place.  The next inspection
reverses it back to the first position.  I suspect if you only check
your hives a couple times per season the space would get filled up.
 With weekly (about) inspections it remains clear with little or no burr
removal.

Tom Elliott
Chugiak, AK